Posted on August 6, 2018 by admin
Filled coconut macaroons are German christmas cookies that will beat the regular coconut macaroons. The recipe is using candied lemon peel which is very common baking ingredient in Germany during the holidays. It is available in the USA but the ones I found contain chemical preservatives which alter the taste. The good thing is there is a way to make candied lemon peel at home – Click here How to make candied orange and lemon peel
(makes 35 pieces)
80 g white baking chocolate
20ml heavy cream
20 g butter
15 g citronat – not available here in the USA, use mixed peel Find it at: Paradise Old English Fruit and Peel Mix, 8 Ounce Tubs (Pack of 6)
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Batida de Coco (or Coconut Liqueur)
20 g roasted coconut (grated and unsweetened)
4 egg white
130 g fine sugar
140 g grated coconut
30 g flour
– Chop baking chocolate and melt it by using double-boiler method; let it cool off a bit .
– Heat butter with heavy cream until butter is melted; mix it with the chocolate and add liqueur, citronat or mixed peel, lemon juice and grated coconut; mix it well and keep it in the fridge for 1-2 hours. The cream should be firm but not too firm as you need it to fill into a frosting bag.
– Beat egg white until firm; add slowly the sugar and beat for another 2 minutes until it is so firm that you can cut it.
– Add roasted coconut (roast grated coconuts in a skillet without fat until they are light golden brown) and flour to the egg white, and fill it into a frosting bag.
– Place a baking sheet on a baking tray and squirt spiral shaped heaps of 4 cm (2 inches) size (keep a distance in between).
– Bake macaroons in preheated oven 15-20 minutes on 160 C or 320 F; let the oven door open by putting a wooden spoon between the door. After the baking time turn off the oven and let macaroons dry in the oven for 1 hour.
– Cut macaroons with a bread cutting knife in 2 halves and spread 1/s tsp of the cream on one half, place the other half on top and let them firm at a cool place, not in the fridge.
Category: Coconut Macaroons Filled, Filled Coconut Macaroons, German Christmas Baking, German Cookies, German Recipes Tags: christmas baking, coconut macaroons, german christmas cookies, macaroons
Copyright © 2023 · All Rights Reserved ·
Theme: Natural Lite by Organic Themes · RSS Feed