Finally a recipe for a German apple cake gluten free! Make sure you get corn flour and not any other corn product, the flour must be fine like the name says, flour. Happy Baking!
150 g corn flour – fine ground, Robs Red Mill, see below on Amazon
150 g corn starch or Maizena
250 g natural yoghurt
150 g powdered sugar
100 ml sunflower oil
10 g baking powder Dr Oetker
2 big apples
1 tbsp lemon juice
10 inch spring form and parchment paper or 10 inch paper rounds (see below)
– Combine eggs with sugar and beat until bubbly.
– Add yoghurt and oil, mix well. Then add the corn flour, starch and baking powder.
– Peel apples, remove core, cut in half, then quarters, then slices. Combine with lemon juice and cinnamon, mix well.
– Layer a 10 inch spring form with parchment paper or already cut parchment paper rounds
– Pre-heat oven to 180 C or 375 F.
– Pour dough into the form, spread even.
– Place apple slices on top of the dough.
– Bake cake for 30-40 min (can vary depending on oven). Do the test by poking a tooth pick into the dough. No dough on the tooth pick means cake is done.
– Yu can dust the cake with powdered sugar when it is done and cooled off.
Add chopped walnuts or hazelnuts to the apples.
Use vanilla extract or 1 tbsp vanilla sugar.