Delicious German Cranberry cookies for Christmas, the holidays and special occasions. The cookies contain cranberries! How delicious! These German Christmas cookies are easy to make. Happy Baking!
1 tbsp cocoa
25 g dried cranberries
1 egg white
1 dash salt, 2 tbsp sugar
25 g ground almonds
1 tbsp starch
85 g powdered sugar
150 g cold butter
75 g powdered sugar
225 g flour
1 egg yolk
1 dash salt
For the dough
– Cut butter in cubes.
– Place butter cubes, powdered sugar, cocoa, flour, egg yolk and salt in a bowl and mix with the kneading hooks first, then knead with hands (have hands dusted with flour) until you get a smooth dough. Form a ball.
– Wrap dough ball in foil and keep for 30 minutes in the fridge.
– Roll dough until it is 3-4mm thick.
– Cut circles of about 3 cm or 2.25 inches, place them on a baking tray,
– Bake in preheated oven on 175 C or 350 F for 5-10 minutes.
– Chop cranberries
– Beat egg white with a dash of salt and sugar until it is very firm.
– Mix almonds, starch, powdered sugar with cranberries.
– Combine with firm egg white, then fill it into a frosting bag (socket with 1 cm or 3/4 inch diameter).
– Squirt content on the baked circles, decorate with a piece of cranberry.
– Bake for another 10 minutes at 150 C or 300 F.