It’s Valentine’s Day soon! Are you looking for the perfect Valentines Day gift? How can you show your love? With flowers of course. With chocolate hearts or what about the exclusive German Heart Shapes Valentines Day Cookies!
These heart shaped cookies are so delicious, and very easy to make. They will make everyone smile. Show your love with these home baked cookies that you will never find in any store. Happy Baking and Happy Valentine’s Day!
(for about 40 cookies)
1 jar (340 g) raspberry jam
powdered sugar for dusting the cookies
150 g cold butter, unsalted
75 g powdered sugar
225 g flour
1 egg yolk
1 dash salt
2 cookie cutters heart shaped – one 5 cm (2 inches) diameter, the other one smaller (2-3cm or 1 inch)
For the Dough
– Cut butter in cubes.
– Place butter cubes, powdered sugar, flour, egg yolk and salt in a bowl and mix it with the kneading hooks first, then knead it with hands (have hands dusted with flour) until you get a smooth dough.
– Wrap dough in foil and place it at least for 30 minutes in the fridge.
– For the cookies roll the dough 2mm (less than 1/4 inch, so quite thin) and with a heart shaped cookie cutter cut about 80 hearts out of the dough; with the smaller cookie cutter cut 40 hearts out of the bigger hearts.
– Bake all cookies in pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes on 175 degrees C or 347 F.
– Bring jam to a boil and squeeze it through a sieve, let it cool off a bit.
– Place 1-2 tsp of jam on the cookies without the heart shaped hole.
– Dust the cookies with the hole with powdered sugar.
– Place on each cookie a heart cookie with a hole.