Here’s another yummy German dish that is quite popular: You will love the German Potato Goulash dish. It doesn’t contain beef but sausages and potatoes. This Eintopf or stew is spiced with paprika, marjoram and caraway seeds, and can be served with some fresh bread. It’s very easy to make. Happy Cooking!
6 bigger potatoes
75 g Speck (bacon)
1 tbsp lard or sunflower/canola oil
2 smaller onions
1/2 green or red pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
salt to taste
1 tbsp mild paprika seasoning
marjoram, caraway seeds to taste
1/2 l beef or vegetable broth – How to make Beef Broth –
1 German pickle – optional
2 tbsp sour cream
3 sausages (Frankfurter, Wiener sausage)
– Peel potatoes and onions. Chop onions fine, Cut potatoes in smaller cubes.
– Heat lard/oil in a pan, add onions, saute for 1-2 min, then add potatoes. Reduce heat to medium.
– Fry for about 5 min.
– Add tomato paste, mix well.
– Spice with salt, pepper, paprika, marjoram and caraway seeds.
– Add the broth.
– On low heat let simmer covered for 10-15 min.
– Cut pepper in half, remove seeds, cut in cubes. Add to the goulash.
– If you like add the chopped pickle as well.
– Cook for another 10 min.
– Add the sour cream, cut sausages in slices and add to the Goulash.
Serve in 2-3 minutes when sausages are warm.