The German potato cucumber salad is a authentic Swabian salad and my sister in law makes the best one! I am sure you will like it too. This salad is easy to make and a great salad for the summer BBQ. Happy Cooking!
4-5 medium size potatoes( gold, yellow)
1 English cucumber
1 small – med onion
salt, pepper to taste
3-4 tbsp sunflower oil and white wine vinegar
2-3 tbsp chopped parsley
– Boil the potatoes, drain them and let cool off a bit; peel them (stick the potato on a fork and peel it with a sharp knife).
– Let potatoes completely cool off, the best is keep them in the fridge and make the salad the next day.
– Cut potatoes in fine slices.
– Wash, and if you like, peel cucumber and grate fine.
– Peel onion and cut in fine cubes.
– Mix potatoes with onions and cucumber.
– Add spices, oil and vinegar, and parsley, mix well.
Serve after 10-15 minutes.
The salad should be mushy but should not have access water.