The potato pumpkin wedges are a wonderful side dish for fall. You can spice it with Allspice or not. Serve it with a pork, beef or turkey roast. Happy Cooking!
2kg or 4.4lb medium sized potatoes
500 g or 1.1lb pumpkin (or butter squash) peeled
4 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp paprika powder
salt, pepper, sugar, all spice and cumin to taste
– preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C.
– peel potatoes (or use them with the skin, wash thoroughly).
– Cut potatoes and pumpkin in stripes or smaller quarters (thick as a thumb).
– place the wedges in a bowl and mix with the spices and the oil. You can also place them in a plastic bag, add oil and spices and shake the bag until the wedges are covered.
– Layer a baking tray with parchment paper, place wedges and bake for about 20 min. Note: the pumpkin wedges will be a but softer than the potatoes.
– Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.