Recipe for a simple almond gluten free – Perfect for a gluten free diet. You might think the cake is dry but it isn’t. You can it combine it with ice cream or whipped cream. Or cut it in half and fill with vanilla or chocolate pudding; add raspberries or strawberries for a fruity surprise. You also can fill it with whipped cream. There are many variations. Happy Baking!
6 egg yolk
150 g powdered sugar
1 package vanilla sugar, 0.3oz – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
1 organic lemon
200 g almond flour
1 vanilla bean or 2 tbsp natural vanilla extract
6 egg white
some butter for the form and powdered sugar for dusting the cake
– Beat egg yolks and powdered sugar until very creamy.
– Add the content of the vanilla bean, the grated peel of the lemon and almonds; mix well. Add some lemon liqueur or brown rum if you have (optional).
– Beat egg white until very firm.
– Layer a spring form with baking paper and grease the edges where is no paper.
– Fill in the dough and bake it on 350 F for about 50 minutes.
– Place the cake on a baking grid while warm.
– Dust with powdered sugar.
Cut cake in the middle horizontally with a very sharp knife and fill with pudding or custard, whipped cream, jam or a layer of chocolate.
Combine the filling with fruit such as raspberries, peaches, blue berries, sour cherries or strawberries.