(for about 45 cookies)
200 g marzipan – Odense Marzipan, Almond Candy Dough, 7-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
250 g flour
125 g sugar
1 med size egg
1 pinch salt
125 g butter
150 g dark chocolate glaze (Kuvertuere) or dark baking chocolate – Baker’s Dipping Chocolate, Dark Semi-sweet, 7-Ounce Microwavable Tubs (Pack of 8)
optional – 200 g firm nut nougat –
2 tbsp chopped pistachios
flour for rolling the dough
– grate marzipan roughly; mix with flour, sugar, egg, salt and butter fast to a smooth dough. Cover it and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour.
– Roll dough on floured baking board 6mm thick (1/2 inch); cut round circles (diameter 4cm or 1.5 inches) and place them on baking trays layered with parchment paper.
– Bake them in pre-heated oven on 200 C or 350 F for 10-15 min. Let them cool off.
– Melt kuvertuere or chocolate in double boiler, and mix it with the nougat.
– Dip on side of the cookies in the chocolate, let it drip and dry it on baking paper (side without chocolate).
– With a fork draw lengthwise lines into the chocolate, sprinkle with the chopped pistachios. Let them completely dry before placing them in a tin. Keep them at a cool place until Christmas or if you want to enjoy them earlier – just eat them!
Nougat stick as it is available in German stores