Need some creepy Halloween party food? You found a good one today: The Halloween Cut Off Finger Cookies. They look so real! This is an authentic German recipe that you will love. Happy Baking and Halloween!
125 g butter (soft), 2 sticks
125 g sugar – 4.4oz
1 tsp lemon zest or organic lemon flavor
1 dash salt
2 egg yolks
250 g flour – 2 cups
almonds (peeled and sliced)
– Combine butter, sugar, salt, flour, lemon zest and egg yolks.
– Knead with hands until yo get a smooth dough.
– Form the dough into a ball.
– Place wrapped dough in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
– Pre-heat oven to 350F.
– Make fingers out of the dough, all of the same size.
– With the back of a teaspoon make the fingertip and place a sliced almond which represents the finger nail.
– With a knife cut some folds for the limbs.
– Bake them for about 10 min until the cookies show a golden color.