Spaghetti are popular all over the world. It is the most famous pasta. So in Germany. Find out today how we cook Spaghetti Bolognese – Spaghetti with a meat sauce that also contains fresh mushrooms.
For the Spaghetti Bolognese we recommend to use the thin spaghetti but not the angel hair. If you like angel hair pasta you can use them of course or any other pasta. The meat sauce goes very well with other pasta. Barilla has some good thin spaghetti. It’s super easy to make this dish. Try it out. Happy Cooking!
300-400 g ground beef extra lean
1 medium size onion
3 green onions (spring onions)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium size carrot
3 tbsp tomato concentrate
1 tbsp dried oregano (or some Italian herb mix without spices or sugar)
salt, fresh pepper
10 small brown mushrooms
1/4 cup water
250 g thin spaghetti
– Bring water with some salt to a boil and cook spaghetti al dente.
– Chop onions; cut spring onions and carrots into small pieces; slice washed mushrooms (remove stem).
– in a skillet heat the olive oil, saute all onions and carrots for some minutes, then add the beef and continue to fry it until it is light brown (medium heat).
– Spice it with salt and pepper, add oregano, then the water, and tomato concentrate; stir very well; reduce heat and let it simmer for some minutes.
– Add mushrooms, stir again, add if necessary more salt and pepper, cook it for another 2 minutes.
– Meanwhile the spaghetti should be good, use a sieve to get rid of the water, add a little bit of butter (optional) and keep them warm if the sauce should not be done completely (place a kitchen cloth on top of the pot and cover it with a lid, they will stay warm for 5 minutes at least).
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Serve it with lettuce or just enjoy it like that.