If you know the German cuisine very well you know that Spätzle are a must have side dish for many meals. Now if you cannot tolerate gluten you need a gluten-free flour to make this Spatzle Gluten-free version. That’s all. The brand Schär has I think the best assortment of gluten free products and for the Spatzle you need preferably the “Farine” mix but you could also use the “Universal” mix. Check out the site schaer.com to see their products. Spatzle are awesome with cheese – Cheese Spatzle – or as a side dish with gravy. Happy Cooking!
350 g Schaer flour mix Farina or Mix it Universal Schaer
400 ml semi warm milk
1 TL Salz
water with some salt
– Beat the eggs and combine with the milk.
– Add the flour and salt and mix very well to get a smooth dough.
– Let rest for 20 minutes.
– In the meantime, in a large pot, bring plenty of salted water to a boil.
– For making the Spatzle you need to push the dough through a Spatzle maker or press directly into the boiling water.
– Cook the spätzle until they rise to the surface.
– With a slotted spoon remove them from the surface.
– Drain and place into purified, cold water.