300 g flour
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
milk as needed
1 splash lemon juice
sugar as needed
– Peel apples, remove core, grate fine. Don’t cut in pieces.
– Drip with lemon juice so they wont get brown.
– Place flour into a bowl, add salt.
– Add 1 heaped tbsp butter, egg and some milk to flour, knead dough for about 5 min very thoroughly. Dough should come off the bowl’s edges and should not be sticky.
– Pre-heat oven to 320 F upper heat and lower heat 350 F.
– Mix 125ml milk with 1 egg, set aside.
– Sprinkle flour on a baking board or smooth surface.
– Roll dough evenly so you get 4 pieces of same size (cut with knife).
– Spread melted butter on each piece, add apple.
– Fold in the sides, then roll each piece.
– Place apple pockets in a greased fire proof form.
– Bake for 10 min then add milk-egg mix over apple turnovers so they are covered. Maybe you need additional milk.
Baking time is 20-30 min.