Germany is the country for many pastries that are filled with all kinds of creamy fillings. The Filled streusel pastry is a yeast dough that is formed into smaller balls, baked and then filled with a rich vanilla filling. A one of a kind pastry! The recipe is using some special ingredients which you can get online or in special German stores. Alternatively use only whipped cream for the filling.Happy Baking!
(makes about 15 pieces)
625 g flour
150 g sugar
2 packages vanilla sugar, 1oz
RECIPE: How to Make Vanilla Sugar
1 dash salt
175 g butter
1 package dried yeast or 1 cube fresh yeast (42g)
25g ground almonds
500 ml heavy cream
250 g sour cream
2 package vanilla sauce Dr Oetker (no cooking)
RECIPE: How to Make Vanilla Sauce
Make the Yeast Dough
– Mix 500g flour with 75g sugar, salt and 1 pack vanilla sugar.
– Add 75 g butter flakes.
– Warm milk slightly, add yeast, mix until dissolved. Add to flour.
– Knead until you get a smooth dough. Cover with a clean kitchen cloth.
– Let raise at a warm place for 30 min.
– Form 15 balls out of the dough, flatten them a bit.
– Layer 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
– Place dough pieces on it and let raise for 15 min.
– Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
Make the Streusel/Crumbles
– Combine 125g flour, 75 g sugar, 1 pack. vanilla sugar, 1 dash salt, ground almonds and 100 g butter flakes.
– Knead until you get crumbled pieces (Streusel).
– Flatten the dough pieces again slightly, then add the streusel on top evenly.
– Bake for about 25 min.
– When done let cool off.
Make the Filling
– Beat heavy cream with sour cream and vanilla sauce powder until a consistency of creamy to firm.
– Fill the cream into a frosting bag with a star nozzle.
– Cut the base cake pieces into half and squirt some cream evenly on the bottom piece.
– Place the upper part on top.
You can dust them with powdered sugar.