What you need
– a sharp knife – the sharper the knife the less ‘juice-loss’ you are going to have. If you use a serrated knife you may as well use a hacksaw.
– non-slip cutting board
– sharp paring or chef’s knife – not serrated
– Organic oranges
1. Cut the top and bottom off the orange.
2. Set your knife where the pith (white stuff) meets the flesh and start cutting downward in a curved motion following the shape of the orange.
3. Turn the orange a bit counterclockwise and repeat. If you turn it clockwise the blade will cover the pith/flesh and you will not be able to see where to cut. Cut – turn – cut – turn – cut – turn ’till you’re done.