Surprise your friends and family with these delicious fried egg Easter muffins – they are just right for the Easter spring celebration. The muffins are easy to make and will make your family, friends or guests smile. We like these muffins because you can transport them easily in muffin containers to your Easter egg hunt. Happy Baking!
(for 12 muffins)
90 g butter or sunflower or vegetable oil
300 g flour, unbleached, all purpose
1 tbsp baking powder, Dr Oetker
100 g sugar
1 Dr Oetker package vanilla sugar, 0.5 oz – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
1 egg, 1 dash salt
150 g white chocolate
125 ml buttermilk
1 tbsp lemon juice or some drops natural lemon extract, optional
1 big can of apricots (420 g drained), alternatively peaches
– Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt.
– Chop white chocolate coarsely and add to the dough and mix with a spatula.
– Drain apricots but keep the liquid.
– Set 12 apricot halves aside.
– Cut remaining apricots fine and add to the dough. Mix with spatula.
– Mix melted butter (or oil) with buttermilk and lemon juice, 75ml apricot juice and 1 egg. Add it to the dough until it has thickened.
– Place muffins paper cups into the molds of the muffin tray.
– Fill muffin cups with the dough.
– Dip each apricot briefly into flour. Place on each muffin 1 apricot.
– Bake the muffins in preheated oven on 200 C (or 392 F ) for 30-35 minutes.