The German pasta salad is a classic salad for parties, the barbecues or as side dish for Bratwurst and Schnitzel. This German salad is proven and an authentic recipe. It’s is very easy to make. With this recipe you don’t need to buy anymore the expensive salads at a salad bar or the packaged salad mixes that contain chemicals. Happy Cooking!
400 g pasta such as elbow, bow tie or spiral pasta – use gluten free or any small pasta
2 red and 1 yellow pepper
1/2 English cucumber, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
250 g cooked ham
3-5 spring onions
150 g cheese such as Swiss cheese, Gouda or sharp cheddar
150 ml olive oil (mild) or sun flower oil
50 ml white wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey (optional)
1 tbsp mild-medium mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1 chopped garlic clove (optional)
3tbsp chopped parsley
-Cook the pasta per instructions, make sure they are “al dente”! Don’t cook them too soft. Add some salt to the boiling water.
– Cut pepper in fine stripes or small cubes, the same to cucumber and tomatoes if you use them..
– Cut spring onion in fine slices.
– Cut ham and cheese in fine cubes.
– Chop garlic fine and in a jar mix it with oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Close jar with a lid and mix (shake) the dressing very well.
– Mix the dressing with the pasta and all other ingredients.
– Let rest for 1-2 hours.
– Before serving add the parsley.
If you like you can add chopped radishes or 1-2 chopped pickles.