Learn today how to make the Wine Custard Cream Dessert or “Weinschaumcreme” in German. Some say that this is the German version of the Italian recipe Zabaione. The truth is, it is a traditional and classic German Dessert recipe and especially recommended for a festive Holiday menu. It’s an easy dessert, you don’t need any special ingredients. Happy Cooking!
200 g green and 200 blue grapes
6 egg yolks
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 l white wine (not too sweet, semi dry)
– Wash the grapes, cut them in halves and if they have pits, remove them.
– Fill half of the grapes in 4 decorative glasses such as Cocktail or Martini glasses.
– Stir in a pan egg yolks with sugar, lemon juice and white wine in a pan, whisk it. You can also boil it in using the double boiler method.
– On medium heat let it cook until you have a thick sauce but DON’T bring it to a boil (the sauce should never boil).
– Pour the cream on top of the grapes and decorate with remaining grapes.
If you don’t want to use wine use grape or apple juice instead.