You will love this German dish! The German Rahmschnitzel is a German meat dish that is very easy to make. It’s just delicious for a festive menu. You can use pork or veal schnitzel, the best is pre-cut. It’s a popular German dish that can be found on many restaurant menus. Happy Cooking!
4 veal schnitzel (alternatively pork or chicken breast)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp clarified butter
1/8 liter white wine, dry
200 ml heavy cream
2 tbsp creme fraiche (optional)
lemon pepper to taste (optional)
1 tbsp parsley or chives, chopped
– Tenderize the meat by using a meat pounder (see below).
– Spice both sides of the schnitzel with salt and pepper.
– Dust a thin layer of flour on the meat.
– Heat clarified butter, fry the meat on both sides for 4 min each side until it shows a golden brown coloration.
– Remove from pan, keep warm.
– Add white wine to the pan, with a wooden spoon stir until you have scratched off all fond.
– Let simmer for some minutes until the sauce has thickened.
– Add heavy cream and creme fraiche.
– Spice with lemon pepper.
– Serve each slice with gravy.
– Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Side dishes: Spaetzle, pasta, fried or mashed potatoes, or dumplings.